Tuesday 20 May 2014

2014 Term 2, Week 4

eLearning Availability

I will be available during the following periods to support staff with their eLearning requirements.  If you or your department would like to discuss, develop or learn something new then I am available either formally or informally.

If you want to book a time just email me and let me know in advance otherwise I'll be available at my desk for a drop in...


Week 4 

Friday Pd 3
Friday Pd 4 

Week 5 

Thursday Pd 3
Friday Pd 1
Friday Pd 2


24 - 7 CPD

Bethlehem CPD is available 24-7 through the use of the school staff portal. Its also available 
24-7 for students using the student portal.

The Google Cloudshare tutorials page contains an ever growing library of short video and paper based tutorials for a variety of Google skills. If you are keen to learn how to do something using docs, sheets, sites, presentations, videos, Teacher Dashboard, ePortfolios, etc then check out the portal.

The ICT Help page, also available on the staff portal and the student portal, is a growing library of advice on how to use ICT in order to create GOOD presentations and videos along with student research skills.

Learn about.... quickly emailing classes using Teacher Dashboard




Dan Meyer Is Awesome! 

The first time a saw Dan Meyer I thought he was awesome and no matter how many times I watch the same talks that he gives, and I've watched them a lot, I feel the same.

His use a technology to complement his subject and his teaching is fantastic. He presents real world problems that require higher order thinking skills in order to engage his students. Every time I watch his videos it leaves me thinking about how I can incorporate some of his methods into my own lessons.



Take care of yourself..... and each other.
(Jerry Springer)        



No comments:

Post a Comment